Character Naming

As an Author naming your Character is an important step right after coming up with the plot. I am here to help you choose the right character name for you and your story.

Make sure your character name is Genre Appropriate. Make sure if it's a Historical Fiction novel or takes place in a real time period that the name was used then. Or if it's a fictionalized place then you can be as creative as you wish.

Just have fun with naming your character. It is after all your story.



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Patrese or Patrice

Meaning: (Noblewoman, Of Noble Decent)

Origin: (Latin)

Pronunciation: (pah-TREES)

Gender: Female

This name is a variant of Patricia and I like it a lot better because it is used less and sounds more unique. I heard this name on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader. One of the contestants had this name.

2 comments:

  1. I am that contestant! I ran across your blog by chance. What are the odds? Thanks for the information. Xoxo đź’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. **** You may not come back and look at this reply but in case you do I want all commentors to know I do try to reply to them. If you see my post on the main page you will see I couldn't post or reply to comments because of computer problems. I did however get the comments, including this one.*****

    LOL, What are the odds indeed that you are the contestant that I saw and added your name and that you then came across my blog! It is really cool!! Your very welcome, it was my pleasure to add this name and the info about it! :~)

    I don't remember the episode as it's been a few years so I have one question though in case you do come back and read my reply, "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?"..... LOL!

    Thanks again for leaving a comment! Please Come Back and Check Out My Blog Again!

    ReplyDelete

I try to have the most accurate Meanings, Origin and Pronunciations for the names on this blog. It is best though to do research into the names you decide to use for your characters as there can be errors on my blog. Or meanings, origins, and pronunciations I have not seen thus not been able to add to this blog.





Try some of the leading Baby Name Sites and Baby Name or Character Naming books as well.


The baby name sites below are where I collect many of the Names, Origins, and Pronunciations I use on this blog.

Baby Names Sites:

http://www.thinkbabynames.com
http://www.babynamewizard.com
http://www.behindthename.com
http://www.babynamespedia.com