Character Naming

As an Author naming your Character is an important step right after coming up with the plot. I am here to help you choose the right character name for you and your story.

Make sure your character name is Genre Appropriate. Make sure if it's a Historical Fiction novel or takes place in a real time period that the name was used then. Or if it's a fictionalized place then you can be as creative as you wish.

Just have fun with naming your character. It is after all your story.



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cassidy

Meaning: (Curly Headed, Clever, From the surname Ó Caiside meaning "descendant of Caiside", where the name Caiside means "curly-headed", from Gaelic "cas". Can also be taken as an elaborated form of Cass. One historian believes it is derived from the Gaelic elements cas (a twisted lock of hair; ingenious, clever, sly) and the personal suffix -idhe: hence, "clever one, one with the twisted locks." Or from the Gaelic elements cais (love, esteem) and the plenary suffix -de: hence, "full of love and esteem.")

Origin: (Irish, Gaelic)

Pronunciation: (KASS-ih-dee, KA-si-dee)

Gender: Uni-Sex

So yes this is my name. Cassidy is used often as I have seen it in novels. It is a Uni-Sex name but I think it is better on females (and yes I am a woman.) When I was little I would have much preferred another name. I always wanted to be named Victoria or Elizabeth but as I have grown I love my name. There was never another Cassidy in any of my classes in school. As nicknames go I prefer to be called Cass not Cassie. So if any one out there would like to use this name in there novel feel free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to have the most accurate Meanings, Origin and Pronunciations for the names on this blog. It is best though to do research into the names you decide to use for your characters as there can be errors on my blog. Or meanings, origins, and pronunciations I have not seen thus not been able to add to this blog.





Try some of the leading Baby Name Sites and Baby Name or Character Naming books as well.


The baby name sites below are where I collect many of the Names, Origins, and Pronunciations I use on this blog.

Baby Names Sites:

http://www.thinkbabynames.com
http://www.babynamewizard.com
http://www.behindthename.com
http://www.babynamespedia.com