Character Naming

As an Author naming your Character is an important step right after coming up with the plot. I am here to help you choose the right character name for you and your story.

Make sure your character name is Genre Appropriate. Make sure if it's a Historical Fiction novel or takes place in a real time period that the name was used then. Or if it's a fictionalized place then you can be as creative as you wish.

Just have fun with naming your character. It is after all your story.



Monday, December 30, 2013

Symphony

Meaning: (Musical Piece for Orchestra, Sounding Together, Concordant in Sound, Consonance of Sounds, Harmony, especially of Sound or Color. The English word Symphony is itself of the Greek “Symphonos”. The name is usually chosen for its association with music. It was made known by the British science fiction TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967-1968), in which the five female pilots were codenamed Rhapsody, Symphony, Harmony, Destiny, and Melody.)

Origin: (American, English, Greek)

Pronunciation: (SIHMFahNiy, SIMF-uh-nee)

Gender: Female

When I was looking up Rhapsody *see on list of posts* I came across Symphony.  Just like Rhapsody, Symphony is a very beautiful musical name. I also found it cool that it was one of the names that was made known by the British science fiction TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967-1968), in which the five female pilots were codenamed Rhapsody, Symphony, Harmony, Destiny, and Melody *see on list of posts, except Destiny which isn’t on this blog*. I had never heard of the show so I looked it up. They used marionettes but I think it would be cool if remade now into a live human cast TV Series, because it sounds pretty cool.

Now I could see any real life person or story characters named Symphony being very talented and dedicated, I could see a dancer, perhaps a ballerina, very beautiful, kind soul girl, and one to stick up for family and friends.

Just like Rhapsody, Symphony is easily recognized and pronounceable. And both are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to have the most accurate Meanings, Origin and Pronunciations for the names on this blog. It is best though to do research into the names you decide to use for your characters as there can be errors on my blog. Or meanings, origins, and pronunciations I have not seen thus not been able to add to this blog.





Try some of the leading Baby Name Sites and Baby Name or Character Naming books as well.


The baby name sites below are where I collect many of the Names, Origins, and Pronunciations I use on this blog.

Baby Names Sites:

http://www.thinkbabynames.com
http://www.babynamewizard.com
http://www.behindthename.com
http://www.babynamespedia.com