Character Naming

As an Author naming your Character is an important step right after coming up with the plot. I am here to help you choose the right character name for you and your story.

Make sure your character name is Genre Appropriate. Make sure if it's a Historical Fiction novel or takes place in a real time period that the name was used then. Or if it's a fictionalized place then you can be as creative as you wish.

Just have fun with naming your character. It is after all your story.



Monday, June 27, 2016

Camillus

Meaning: (Priest’s Assistant, Temple Servant, Altar Server, the Honorable Born, and Young Ceremonial Attendant.)

Origin: (Latin, Ancient Roman, Etruscan)

Pronunciation: (kə-MIL-əs (English), ca-mi-llus)

Gender: Male, Possibly Uni-Sex

I’ve been looking for a knife for when I go camping and hiking off the beaten track and I saw a cheap knife that had this as its name. I didn’t buy it as it was as cheaply made as the price entails so I’m still looking but I did really like the name. Well rather I really quite loved it. It reminds me of names like Carnelian / Cornelian *see on list of posts* as it has this cool unique ancient look about it that is rare now a days.

The meanings are all really great and do fit into the ancient world really well but would also do well I think in the modern era or even the future. I think this names meanings could fit well to describe the job of the character as this is one of those names that is occupational and if described in the story it could fit well. It kind of reminds me of YA Novels where the characters jobs were preordained in their society so this could fit and with the unique YA Novel character names now a days it could fit really well also.

Nickname Options: Cam, Mill, Millus, Millie (Female), Milly (Uni-Sex but may look more Feminine), Cami (Female), and Miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to have the most accurate Meanings, Origin and Pronunciations for the names on this blog. It is best though to do research into the names you decide to use for your characters as there can be errors on my blog. Or meanings, origins, and pronunciations I have not seen thus not been able to add to this blog.





Try some of the leading Baby Name Sites and Baby Name or Character Naming books as well.


The baby name sites below are where I collect many of the Names, Origins, and Pronunciations I use on this blog.

Baby Names Sites:

http://www.thinkbabynames.com
http://www.babynamewizard.com
http://www.behindthename.com
http://www.babynamespedia.com